The holidays are the most wonderful time of the year! How can you enjoy all the season has to offer? From day trips to holiday events around Austin, here is a look at some fun and festive activities for a merry and bright Christmas with your loved ones:
Photo Courtesy: Four Seasons Hotel Austin Website
Distance: 25.6 miles
Just a 30-minute drive from downtown Austin is Elgin, home to one of the best Christmas tree farms in the area! Grab your family and head out to pick your annual Christmas tree, enjoy the petting zoo and sip on hot cocoa. The Elgin Christmas Tree Farm is open for sales beginning November 23.
Distance: 46 miles
A little closer to home you’ll find Gruene, a charming town during the holidays. Take a day trip and spend the day shopping at the Gruene Christmas Market, join in on the 26th annual Jingle Bell Run on December 8th or simply head to Gruene Hall, the oldest dance hall in Texas, for a drink and some great music. Click here for a look at Holidays in Gruene – 2018 Calendar of Events.
If you’re not up for a day trip or a weekend getaway, the Austin-area has plenty to offer during the holiday season. Here’s a look at some of the top events:
- Watch a holiday theatre production
- Stroll a local market for holiday gifts
- Armadillo Bazaar
- Dec. 12-24 at Palmer Events Center, 900 Barton Springs Road, Austin, Texas 78704
- Blue Genie Art Bazaar
- Nov. 23-Dec. 24 at 6100 Airport Blvd, Austin, TX 78752
- Cherrywood Art Fair
- Dec. 8 & 9 at Maplewood Elementary – E. 38 1/2 St. & Maplewood Ave.
- German Christmas Market
- Dec. 1 at The German Free School Building 507 E 10th St, Austin, TX 78701
- Armadillo Bazaar
- Marvel at a dazzling light display
- Visit a local hotel and enjoy their holiday festivities
I wish you and yours a very festive holiday season!
Do you have any questions about Austin and its surrounding areas? Give me a call today!