In Austin, we are fortunate to enjoy relatively temperate weather year-round. With that being said, the cooler winter months present the perfect opportunity to explore the gorgeous Hill Country! So, sit back, relax and sip on a glass of wine at one of these eight wineries – all just a short drive from Austin:
- 4.0 Cellars
- Location: 10354 E U.S. Hwy 290, Fredericksburg
- Tasting Room Hours: Sunday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday/Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Austin Winery
- Location: 440 E. Saint Elmo Rd. Unit A-1, Austin
- Hours: Tuesday through Friday from 4 to 10 p.m., Saturday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday from 12 to 7 p.m. Closed on Mondays.
- Duchman Family Winery
- Location: 13308 FM 150 W., Driftwood
- Hours: Monday from 12 to 6 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Fall Creek Vineyards
- Location: 18059-A FM 1826, Driftwood
- Hours: Monday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday from 12 to 5 p.m.
- Lewis Wines
- Location: 3209 Highway 290 West, Johnson City
- The Tasting Room is open from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. every day of the week
- Pedernales Cellars
- Location: 2916 Upper Albert Road, Stonewall
- Hours: Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from 12 to 5 p.m.
- William Chris Vineyards
- Location: 10352 U.S. Highway 290, Hye
- Hours: Monday through Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Wednesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Reservations Required
And…here’s a great option even closer to home – if you live in Liberty Hill!
- Thirsty Mule Winery & Vineyard
- Location: 101 County Road 257, Liberty Hill
- Hours: Wednesday and Thursday from 12 to 6 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from 12 to 6 p.m. Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Any one of these wineries is a great way to spend a weekend afternoon! They also have excellent patios you can enjoy on bluebird days.
Do you have any questions about the Austin-area? As a longtime resident, I am here to help! Contact me today.